A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, we answer the weekly prompt then visit others who have as well. Come have fun with us, meet new friends and discover new-to-you blogs and books!
This week we are discussing best openings or closing we have read. This is an intriguing question this week.
1) Insurgent by Veronica Roth: I was NOT expecting that ending. I am really looking forward to Allegiant coming out in October.
2) Pretties by Scott Westerfeld: I had such a visceral reaction to how that book ended--I wanted to throw it across the room!
3) Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger: great opening line that sets the tone of the book to me.
4) The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh by Stephanie Laurens: I LOVED the Epilogue. I felt it was a perfect way to cap off the first generation of Cynster novels...and entice us to come back for more books.
5) Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins: I loved the ending--such a sense of hope/joy/peace but also knowing that Anna is ready to kick butt wherever she is taken next.
6) How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer S. Doktorski: How many YA titles open up with the protagonist being served with a temporary restraining order? (Be sure to check out my interview with Ms. Doktorksi, if you have not already).
7) Shut Out by Kody Keplinger: I could not help but chuckle at the first line in this book
8) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: I remember the first time I read that--I did not get the beauty in it. Now, I can appreciate the sarcasm in it. :)
9) Goddess by Josephine Angelini: I loved the sheer love and hope conveyed on the last page of that book.
These are the ones that are coming into mind...I am sure others will pop into mind as soon as I hit publish. :) **I added 8 & 9 after sleeping on it. ;-)
I am looking forward to reading what you have to say--be sure to leave me your link in the comments below.