This week we are discussing those authors we feel deserve more recognition. This is an intriguing one that could go all over the place--it will be intriguing to see all the different answers.
1) Miranda Kenneally: her books are wonderful and I do not think she is nearly as well known as what she deserves
2) Wendy Higgins: since Sweet Peril and Sweet Reckoning almost did not get picked up, I think she is another author that deserves more credit that she gets. I would have been so sad if they were not published and now she is self-publishing See Me.
3) Robin (R.L.) LaFevers: while I have not read Dark Triumph yet, Grave Mercy was so beautifully written, I cannot imagine her other is not. Again, an author that I do not think is as well known though I did see Grave Mercy bookmarks while I was at ALA so maybe this is changing.
4) Cora Carmack: with her being a New Adult author, I think that it is a niche that is still in its infancy so those authors are not as well known yet. If you have not read her--she is amazing.
5) Jennifer Iacopelli: Game. Set. Match. is a wonderful title--I want to see her books do well
6) Megan Mulry: I enjoy her books but happen to stumble upon her first title, that I hope that she continues to write
7) Sarah Strohmeyer: in the shadows compared to some of the other contemporary YA authors, I enjoy her writing
8) Gwendolyn Heasley: what I said above for Ms. Strohmeyer, can easily be the same for her
This was a more difficult one for me this week. Not sure if it is the time of night I am writing this or if what, but the list of names did not come easily.
What authors do you feel need more recognition? Are there authors on my list that are new-to-you? The inverse of this is those authors that you feel have gotten TOO much recognition. Who would you say fits into that category?