It's June! I am thrilled that I am participating in three different readathons this month. Am I crazy? Possibly but I have a graphic novel, middle grade, and other quicker reads to help balance out everything. :) Sit back, grab a snack/drink and enjoy this long post of what I plan to read in June.
All month long I will be doing the Bookbuddyathon with Rachael from Rachael_Fryman on YouTube (BookTube) and RachaelFryman on Instagram. Bookbuddyathon is hosted by the lovely Elena from Elena Reads Books. If you want to learn more about Bookbuddyathon, go watch Elena's announcement video.
Without further ado, here is my Bookbuddyathon TBR:
- Buddy Read: The Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- Buddy Pick: The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold
- Buddy's 5 Star: The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang or When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- A Book with Friendship: either Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson or Spinning Silver by Naomi Novak
- Buddy's Favorite Color (Purple in Rachael's case): Radio Silence by Alice Oseman or There's Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon (this would be a re-read from when I was on BFYA Committee)
Luckily I have all month to read these with only 5 books, this should be manageable!
Along with Bookbuddyathon, I am also going to be participating in Rachael's GoldenGirlsReadathon happening June 8-14th. Of course you can find out all the details by watching Rachael's announcement video. I am going to try for Team Sophia #GGTeamSophia (which incidentally, so is Rachael). Here is what I am planning for it:
- Gold on the Cover: Ink & Bone by Rachel Caine
- Published between 1985-1992: The Pelican Brief by John Grishman or The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Female Friendship: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Set in Italy: Hero on a Bicycle by Shirley Hughes
- Audiobook: Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
- Oldest: Blink by Malcolm Gladwell OR The Secret History of the Pink Carnation Society by Lauren Willig
- Book with Little: Little Monsters by Kara Thomas OR The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George OR Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty OR Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
As you can see above, both readathons are featuring friendship, so I am 99% sure I will be reading Since You've Been Gone for both. I really want to read The Secret History. I ordered it through BOTM since I do not have a physical copy on my own TBR shelves nor can I get it from my libraries physically currently and the eBooks have a really long hold on them. When I saw it available through BOTM, I decided I would go ahead and get a copy for my shelf but I am not sure if it will be here in time. I admit, with this being only a week long TBR--this will be too ambitious for me to get done in the week. Most likely, I will wrap up the remaining titles after it ends.
My last readathon I am hoping to participate in is the Romanceathon--pure escapism and summer reading! Romanceathon is hosted by Gabby from GabbyReads and Jacqueline from WeBeBook'n. Check out either of their announcement videos for more information about Romanceathon: Gabby's announcement video and Jacqueline's announcement video.
Here are the choices I will be aiming to read June 22-28th for Romanceathon:
- Published in 2020: Beach Read by Emily Henry OR Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver OR Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams.
- Illustrated Cover: Flatshare by Beth O'Leary OR Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey OR If I Never Met You by Mhairi McFarlane
- Favorite Trope: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata OR Frankly in Love by David Yoon
- New to You Author: Flatshare by Beth O'Leary OR Frankly in Love by David Yoon
- 5 or More Words in the Title: Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver OR A Conquest Impossible to Resist by Stephanie Laurens
Whew, so many books and so many readathons. Am I crazy? I think I will be alright. Are you a fan of participating in readathons? If so, are you trying one this month or are you taking it easy?
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! I read them all and respond to them as soon as I can.