So today is the first day that we are discussing Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. I have say thus far, I am really enjoying it.
Things I am Digging About Unearthly:
- The setting: I would love to go and visit Wyoming. I know it is random, but my husband and I have discussed perhaps moving one day to a smaller town in either Montana/Wyoming/Dakotas or to the Eastern Coast. We will see if that ever comes to volition.
- The characters: I am a character reader--my favorites are usually the books that I can delve into the characters and truly feel like I am getting to know them. I see potential to do this with some of the characters, mainly Clara but I do like Wendy, Christian and Tucker so far.
Other Topics I want Your Take On:
- What do you think about Angela? I am so NOT SURE of her yet. I have not read the jackets for the other two books in this series as I am trying not to spoil this title.
- There also seems to be the building of a love triangle...Christian, Tucker and Clara...maybe?
- Do you think that Clara is going to tell Wendy or leave here in the dark about her quarter angel blood?
I Have a Confession to Make:
- This is my first hard core angels book! I have read Wendy Higgins Sweet Trilogy (Sweet Evil and Sweet Peril) but Anna and the rest of the crew do not have the wings--they are nephiliums.
Here is my attempt at the cover redo:
Hope you are enjoying the read-along and for those of you reading this who have signed up--there is plenty of time!! Check out the schedule and jump on board!
I'm curious about Angela, too. I haven't read any spoilers or hints, so I don't have any idea how she'll factor into future stories. But I'm sure there's more to her than meets the eye...ReplyDelete
I bet there is...I am to Chapter 10 and she is just acting funky.Delete
I definitely agree that there's something going on with Angela! I mean like if she's an angel too that'd be so ironic because her name is ANGELa. :L I wonder of she'll tell Wendy as well but I don't like Wendy for some reason. :/ I know what you mean when you say the characters have potential, they definitely do! I think it's cool that you like the setting, even though I don't know much bout it, it really does sound nice. This is my first angel book too! At least I'm pretty sure it is. Hope you can do the cover remake challenge! Remember it really can be anything. :)ReplyDelete
Laura @ Music Plus Books
I was able to throw together an attempt at the cover redo. I did my best with fretting and spending hours on it. :) Wendy and Angela are definitely two question marks in my head at the moment.Delete
You're cover remake is absolutely amazing! I really really love it. :DDelete
Laura @ Music Plus Books
I have a friend who just got back from a vacation in Wyoming. I should ask her if she saw any angels...I love the setting too. There aren't too many YA books set in Wyoming. (Believe me, I looked!)ReplyDelete
Jenna @ Rather Be Reading YA
Especially YA books in Wyoming...I have read a few adult books I remember at least parts being in Wyoming. LOL, you should ask your friend.Delete
I love the setting too! I'm really liking the book so far too. I am wondering if there will be a love triangle. I usually really dislike love triangles bc they are so overdone, but sometimes it just makes sense so well see.ReplyDelete
Dee @ Dee's Reads
My Unearthly Discussion Post
I am glad! I am not so into love triangles either--I find the unrealistic for the average Jane or Joe.Delete
I'm glad I came back, I love the pink in your cover remake. I had to sneak mine in late too.ReplyDelete